BAS has developed a three-tiered approach to Customer Care for our members. Our Customer Care Unit is a team of specialists with extensive experience and knowledge of claims processing and benefit plan language. When you call our toll free number you’ll be greeted by a live receptionist who will transfer your call to the appropriate specialist.
Toll free number: (800)843-3831
Level 1: Customer Care Agent
Customer Care Agents can provide essential benefit information including provider lookups, coverage details and pre-certification questions.
- Questions regarding the Health Coverage
- Questions regarding how a claim was billed and/or paid
- Questions & Assistance with services requiring pre-certification or pre-determinations
- Assistance with locating a preferred provider
- Providing contact information for community or government sponsored programs, such as Medicaid, Medicare, American Lung Society, etc.
Level 2: Member Advocate
Member Advocates provide advanced guidance through challenging health benefit issues. Our Member Advocates offer objective guidance to empower you to make informed decisions.
- Helping members understand tests, treatments, and medications recommended or prescribed by their physicians
- Help make an appointment
- Assist through complex medical conditions
- Assist members in arranging for home-care equipment following a discharge from the hospital
- Coordinating hospice and other services for terminally ill members
Level 3: Personal Assistant Service (PAS)
Our Personal Assistant Service (PAS) is a unique program offering outbound calls to members identified as experiencing a catastrophic illness or injury. The Personal Assistant Service will help with all aspects of the treatment plan, including coordinating calls with the Case Manager and physician. We want you to focus on recovering if a catastrophic illness or injury occurs – that’s why our Personal Assistant Service will be with you throughout your treatment plan to ease the burden of coordinating care.
- Proactive approach focusing on getting the member healthy following a catastrophic illness or injury
- Assisting a member with reconciling all claim activity
- Working with providers to resolve "balance due" and "duplicate billing" issues
- Coordinate payments between multiple benefit plans and Medicare
- Coordinate care with the Case Manager and physician, if necessary